International Plastic Bag Free Day: Cloth bags are the best option
The ecological footprint that plastic bags leave on our environment is unaffordable. For this reason, there are more and more regulations that limit its use. In fact, on July 1, 2018, the delivery of light and very light plastic bags to consumers is prohibited.
Why should we stop using plastic bags?
Let's analyze some figures:
- Each Spaniard consumes an average of 238 plastic bags per year.
- One minute in our hands and 500 years to disappear.
- Only 10% of bags are recycled.
- 12 million tons of garbage reach the seas and oceans every year
- One in six fish sold in fishmongers contains microplastics in its stomach.
- The world production of plastics will reach 500 million tons this year.
Therefore, cloth bags are the perfect alternative to plastic ones, for several reasons:
1. They last longer and you can use and reuse them hundreds of times.
2. They are more sustainable, easily washable and easily disinfected.
3. They are easy to store and save a lot of space.
4. Producing them consumes fewer resources and also pollutes less.
And if they are 100% organic cotton , like the ones you can find on our website , all the better because, in addition, their cultivation is sustainable . What are you waiting for to visit our section and choose the one that best suits your style. Together we can build a world free of single-use plastics. Happy International Plastic Bag Free Day!